We have been breeding Alpacas since 1998 at first in the beautiful countryside of the Marshwood Vale but now
over the hill and into the Synderford Valley at Payne’s Down Farm in West Dorset.
As part of our alpaca breeding programme we strive for density, fineness, soft handle and certainty of colour in our crias (baby alpacas). Our alpaca females have been bred to some of the best male studs in the country and our crias continue to improve every year.
Alpaca Products and Services
- We have the following for sale on our alpacas sales page
- Pregnant and non-pregnant females for breeding
- Starter herds
- Breeding males
- Non-breeding males and females for pets
- Raw fleece for spinning
- Alpacas giving you the run around? check out the Alpaca Easy-pen
- Contact us for your pre-purchase advice and backup help after purchase.
Superbly situated on the borders of Dorset, Devon and Somerset, the recently built Payne’s Down Cottage has wonderful views to the north over the Synderford Valley and to the east towards Pilsdon Hill.
It is just a short walk or drive up to Pilsdon Hill (the highest hill in Dorset) where you will find fantastic views over the beautiful Marshwood Vale to the Jurassic coast from Portland Bill to South Devon.